The LaserWash M5 is no longer in production -
it has been superseded by the LaserWash 360.
For more information on the support channels available to operators of retired products, please visit our PDQ Support Team page.
In 2005, PDQ Manufacturing introduced the LaserWash® M5 as a replacement to the LaserWash 4000. PDQ took the best of the 4000 and added innovations like the Virtual Treadle®, real-time system monitoring, fewer moving parts, and automatic reset functions.
Due to the overwhelming response to the release of the LaserWash 360, the LaserWash M5 was retired in 2011. PDQ and its distributors will continue to support operators worldwide to keep their businesses running smoothly. Current owners/operators of the LaserWash M5 can find product information online in our Operator Toolkit.
Looking forward, you can count on the LaserWash 360 to demonstrate the quality and innovation you've come to expect from the LaserWash name.
Own a LaserWash M5 and looking for some add-ons? Below is a list of a few items that can be added to your M5 to increase your sites revenue. Just click on the links to view the items in our online store.
- Wash Options
- The M5 gave the opportunity to customize the system to meet operators needs. By tailoring the system, operators can increase profit potential, provide more options to their customers, expand their customer base, and further secure their investment. Many value-added options were available for the M5 including:
- 3X Color Foam Applicator - Grab your customer's interest and attention with thick, triple-color layers of foam conditioner. What a colorful way to promote upgrades as well as profit.
- Productivity Package - Wash cycle efficient for your LaserWash M5. This packages allows a rinse service to be applied in one pass of the bridge, rather than rinsing in two bridge passes with the arch.
- High-Pressure Undercarriage, Side and Wheel Blast - The powerful undercarriage, rocker panel and wheel blast systems cleans down to the ground and the underbody of the vehicle. These are profitable upgrades as well since customers frequently choose these options and value the results.
- Wheel Cleaner - Targets rocker panels, wheels, and wheel wells with a cleaning solution.
- Rust Inhibitor - Targets the exhaust, suspension, and chassis of vehicles with rust-preventative solutions.
- Gatling Guns - Equipped with a rotating cluster of zero-degree nozzles, the high pressure Gatling Guns clean rocker panels, wheels, wheel wells, headlights, and more.
- Heat and Weep Freeze Protection - Provide capabilities to operate in cold climate.
- User Interface
- PDQ's M5 wash control software uses an Internet-based platform to provide remote access to all key operating functions through a standard web browser. You can change wash packages, view hourly performance and monitor all machine functions remotely.
- Pump Station
- The LaserWash M5 Pump Station is the powerhouse of the M5, housing the solution dispensing equipment and providing water pressure and cleaning. Designed for low cost and efficient operation, the LaserWash M5 Pump Station could be used in either the equipment room or directly in the wash bay.
- Standard: Programmable presoak service, color coded orifices for tamper-free dilution control, starter and overload protection for all three phase motors, 25HP motor and pump, one solution supply pump with post pump injection for all detergent and conditioner applications, easy main pump belt tension adjustments, prewired to control panel, ETL listed
- Optional: Spot-free (reverse osmosis), reclaim system, hot water high pressure injection, on-board water heater, water saver package
- LED Sign Systems
- The M5 featured easy-to-read, user-friendly instructional and directional signage for optimal customer clarity and understanding. Clearance, entrance, and service confirmation signage, menuboard, and countdown timer are also available with the ability to customize the menuboard with your own logo.
- Standard: Instructional Sign (In-bay, frame or wall mounted), Wash Instruction Sign (exterior, wall mounted, NON-LED)
- Optional: Entrance Sign (exterior), Service Confirmation Sign (in-bay, frame or wall mounted), Countdown Timer (exterior)
- Drying Options
- Basic 3 and Basic 4 On-Board Dryers - PDQ's Basic 3 and Basic 4 on-board dryers offer an affordable alternative for operators looking to provide their customers with a value-added drying service. The Basic 3 and Basic 4 on-board dryers are perfect for LaserWash® M5 owners who are looking for a speed-controlled on-board dryer or have too little bay space to support a MaxAir™ stand-alone dryer.
- MaxAir Stand-Alone Dryer - PDQ's MaxAir Stand-Alone Dryer is a breakthrough in dryer performance. MaxAir dries vehicles better than ever, yet uses less energy than conventional dryers.